West Physics offers a full range of professional regulatory consulting services to represent clients in a wide range of situations. From serving as Radiation Safety Officers (RSO) for hospitals and clinics, to assisting health care facilities with obtaining or amending federal or state radioactive materials (RAM) licenses, West Physics has the depth of experience few if any firms can offer. Among our regulatory services are the following:
- RAM License Application and Amendment Preparation
- RSO services for nuclear medicine and all other types of RAM holders
- Representation of licensees before enforcement proceedings
- Nuclear medicine program startup and change consulting
- Nuclear medicine program quarterly audits
- Design of dosimetry monitoring programs
- Provision of standards-compliant Policies and Procedures
All of our regulatory consulting services are provided by a world-class staff of experts who have expertise and experience with a multitude of program types and scenarios. In particular, the staff is intimately familiar with the unique needs of emerging modalities such as positron emission tomography (PET). West Physics’ President & Chief Medical Physicist, Dr. Geoffrey West, has special expertise in the regulatory consulting arena due to his status as a former nuclear materials inspector for the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, as well as to his possession of board certifications in both health physics and medical physics. West Physics has provided highly successful RSO services for a number of large-scale RAM operations and our staff specializes in unique situations and complex needs.
Please contact us today to discuss your specific needs.
We are proud to offer x-ray shielding design and verification services for diagnostic radiology facilities – for everything from single rooms to entire radiology wings with multiple modalities, including nuclear medicine. Whether you are pursuing new construction or considering modifications or new equipment installations, West Physics can support you with expert advice and prompt turn-around.
All of our x-ray radiation shielding designs are performed by fully-licensed, board-certified health physicists and will meet the latest industry standards, as well as the specific requirements of the country, state and municipality in which your facility is located. West Physics tracks these regulatory requirements and will ensure that your shielding design and/or verification meet them perfectly. For patient and worker safety as well as for liability protection, we understand that our clients must have total confidence in the accuracy and reliability of such an important radiation protection measure – West Physics provides that confidence with experience and expertise.
Our shielding verifications (aka shielding integrity surveys or radiation protection surveys) are comprehensive and meticulous, ensuring our clients that their shielding was installed correctly and according to plan. Some of the most respected medical institutions in the world have counted on West Physics for this important service and we are proud to offer it worldwide.
Here are some key features of our Shielding Design and Verification services:
- We understand the regulatory requirements for shielding in every jurisdiction and can provide expert consultation to our clients on meeting these requirements
- We are experienced at providing shielding services globally
- We offer prompt turnaround and expedited service on demand
- We work directly with planners, architects, and/or contractors to advise on shielding, layout, and construction options
- We have experienced technologists on staff to advise on floor plans, if requested
- Our prices are fair and our results are guaranteed
If you have questions about these services or about shielding requirements in your particular area, or if you would like a no-obligation quote, please contact us today.
West Physics is unique in its ability to provide a full range of RSO support for medical and non-medical facilities throughout the United States. Dr. West serves as an active and involved RSO for numerous large and small clients and, as a former inspector for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), he brings unparalleled regulatory expertise to this service. Dr. West, who is board-certified in health physics and medical physics, is fully qualified to serve as your designated RSO on both NRC and State RAM licenses. This RSO function includes numerous responsibilities, including staff training, regular on-site audits, telephone emergency response availability, and dosimetry. We provide RSO services for one of the largest nuclear medicine networks in the country and have the experience you need.
Here are some of the advantages of using West Physics for your RSO services:
- We have intimate knowledge of both State and Federal RAM regulations. The regulations for nuclear medicine and other radioactive materials are extremely complex and involve States, the NRC, the Department of Transportation (DOT), and other agencies. Our staff has experience on both sides of the aisle (regulator and non-regulator) and stays current with ever-changing requirements.
- We have extensive experience with multi-state operations, mobile operations, PET, PET/CT, and other challenging modalities. These modalities demand special knowledge and experience and we have it.
- We maintain excellent relationships with regulators. That means that when you have a problem with licensing, inspection, or enforcement, we understand the optimal approach to solving your problems and satisfying regulatory personnel.
- We offer unparalleled flexibility in scheduling, billing, and all other areas of the administrative and logistical process. No matter how simple or complex your operation, West Physics can hit the ground running from Day One and integrate quickly into your corporate structure to streamline operations. We customize your services to your particular needs.
Please contact us today for a no-obligation quote.